There's nothing more exciting than the first time you scuba dive, but as it may happen with anything you try for the first time, you may be nervous and even a little bit anxious. Don't worry! Vallarta Adventures, a certified 5-Star PADI Dive Center and our expert scuba instructors have prepared this top 10 that will make your first time underwater as extraordinary as it can be.
1. Relax - be cool and enjoy every minute of your experience
2. Trust your Scuba Instructor - rest assured knowing that our instructors are experts and their priority is your safety
3. Follow the Instructions - make sure to understand and follow all the scuba gear instructions the instructors give you
4. Breath slowly - once again, relax and enjoy the moment
5. Compensate as you Descend - as often as you need it, when scuba diving it is very important to pay attention to your body needs
6. Descend slowly - take your time, enjoy the ride, this is not a speed race
7. Hold your Security Line - as you descend it is very important to always hold the line
8. Discover a New, Underwater World - look for colorful fish, listen to the different sounds, enjoy every moment, noise, and sight of this "new" place
9. Follow your Scuba Instructor - be close to him, he'll make sure you feel confident and safe. Also he'll show you all the sea life you might be missing
10. HAVE FUN!