- Why have a destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta?
- Why get married with Adventure Weddings in Puerto Vallarta?
- Is my marriage in Mexico legal?
- What do I have to do to be legally married in Mexico, and what type of marriage certificate will I receive?
- What paperwork is needed for spiritual weddings at Las Caletas, and what type of marriage certificate is issued?
- Is music supplied during the wedding ceremony and reception?
- What about the wedding reception and dinner?
- Are wedding flowers and decorations included in my Adventure Wedding package?
- Does my Las Caletas wedding package include a wedding cake?
- How do I start planning my Puerto Vallarta wedding?
- Q: Why have a destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta?
Lots of reasons. The primary reasons couples choose a destination wedding are to save money, avoid the major hassles and details of planning a wedding at home, and of course to have a memorable and unique wedding that combines your special day with an exciting vacation for the entire wedding party!
- Q: Why get married with Adventure Weddings in Puerto Vallarta?
Puerto Vallarta Mexico is the ultimate tropical wedding and honeymoon destination, and our Adventure Wedding coordinators can help you plan a wedding at Las Caletas that is both elegant and affordable! We'll help you choose the right music, flowers, cake, officiant and photographer. We can help you book accommodations, events and activities for you and your guests. We'll even arrange for the marriage license and make sure you have the proper paperwork with you, so you can spend your time seeing the sights and having fun, not running around dealing with wedding details.
- Q: Is my marriage in Mexico legal?
Marriages performed by ministers or priests are not legally binding in Mexico. They are the symbolic and spiritual part of your wedding celebration. Legal marriages in Mexico are called "Civil Ceremonies" and are conducted by a Judge residing in the locality of where you wish to get married. In the case of Caletas it is possible to arrange for the Judge from the municipal capital of the area to perform the legal paperwork at Caletas for you on the same day as your ceremony. However, if you wish to be legally married in Mexico, we recommend that you make arrangements with your wedding planner to have the civil wedding performed at the Puerto Vallarta Registry Office, or at your hotel, on the morning of your wedding ceremony - or the day before.
- Q: What do I have to do to be legally married in Mexico, and what type of marriage certificate will I receive?
For a list of the requirements and documents needed for foreign citizens who wish to be legally married in Mexico, Click Here. All documents must be translated by an authorized translator in Puerto Vallarta, so you should acquire these documents and send them to your Adventure Wedding coordinator at least one month before the ceremony to allow time for processing and translation. A visit to the registry office (accompanied by your wedding planner) is also required the Wednesday before your marriage for a 30 minute class on the morals of marriage. The marriage certificate provided by the judge after a civil ceremony is a legal bond of marriage recognized by Mexico, the USA and Europe.
- Q: What paperwork is needed for spiritual weddings at Las Caletas, and what type of marriage certificate is issued?
For the minister's ceremony you will only need picture ID showing your full names - preferably passports. However, the Wedding Certificate you'll receive from the minister only serves as recognition of a "spiritual union."
- Q: Is music supplied during the wedding ceremony and reception?
We supply recorded processional, recessional and ambiental music during and after dinner. Or you can contact our wedding coordinators to arrange for a wedding DJ or live music and entertainment for your ceremony and reception.
- Q: What about the wedding reception and dinner?
Las Caletas wedding packages include everything you need for a tropical wedding reception for up to 120 guests. An open bar from 4:30 to 11:30 pm includes beer, Vodka, Tequila, Rum, Margaritas, soft drinks, and juices. After the ceremony you'll enjoy appetizers and a sparkling wine toast. The reception dinner buffet includes grilled steak, chicken and fish, fresh vegetables, salads, tropical fruit, wine, coffee and liquors.
- Q: Are wedding flowers and decorations included in my Adventure Wedding package?
The price of your wedding includes a bridal bouquet, a boutonniere for groom, and flowers and decorations for the ceremonial area. Deluxe Weddings include a palm mat down an aisle of linen-covered chairs. For your wedding reception, dinner tables will be set with formal linens, a floral centerpiece is provided for the head table, and candle centerpieces on each of the other tables. The reception area will be decorated with "tiki torches" and candles. If you'd like extra flowers for your Las Caletas wedding celebration, special arrangements can be made with our wedding coordinators and will be quoted on request.
- Q: Does my Las Caletas wedding package include a wedding cake?
No. Wedding cakes are made to order from a professional local bakery featuring a variety of flavors and fillings to choose from. Whether you want a traditional wedding cake, or something a bit more unconventional, we can arrange it for you. Prices start at $3.50 USD per person, including delivery and set-up at your wedding location.
- Q: How do I start planning my Puerto Vallarta wedding?
Planning your Puerto Vallarta destination wedding celebration can be easier, and less expensive, than having a traditional wedding at home! Just fill out our Wedding Planner Form and we'll send you information and approximate costs for a unique and personalized Puerto Vallarta wedding celebration.