Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
Min 8 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Our immersive, small-group Dolphin Extreme encounters are designed for strong swimmers who want to do more than just meet one of these friendly marine mammals. Equipped with a mask and fins, you’ll join our Pacific Bottlenose dolphins right in their element, floating, twisting, gliding and diving alongside them as if you were part of the pod. Dolphin Extreme is a free swim experience unlike any other in Puerto Vallarta.
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to actually be a dolphin, this is the encounter you’ve been searching for. And best of all, your day will include a bonus sea lion encounter!
Experience the Underwater Environment Like Never Before
Exhilarating is the best way to describe this hour-long dolphin encounter that includes not only education and play, but also thrills! After a short introduction by our marine mammal specialists, you’ll have the opportunity to skim across the surface of the water on a boogie board during a two-dolphin foot-push, to speed through the deep on an underwater dolphin ride, and to watch a private acrobatic performance by our talented Pacific Bottlenoses.
Meet a Sea Lion!
As part of Dolphin Extreme, you’ll also enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime hands-on encounter with one of our quirky and lovable sea lions. After one of our marine mammal specialists introduces you to the sea lion’s fascinating physiology and behaviors, it’s time to get up close and personal! These animals are full of personality and love to have fun, so be ready to clown around with your new friend.
Dolphin Extreme Lets Us Learn from One Another
Swimming with dolphins is an experience unlike any other, but these encounters are about more than just excitement. Marine mammal researchers still have a lot to learn about dolphins and how to protect them. When people meet these curious, intelligent creatures face to face - whether they enjoy a shallow water encounter or swim with dolphins - they are inspired to learn more about how human beings can care for dolphin habitats and to support conservation and research efforts.
We Take Animal Welfare Seriously
Dolphins and sea lions need downtime just like people, which is why we limit the length of our Dolphin Extreme encounters and other wildlife experiences. Our dolphins and sea lions spend less than two hours each day interacting with people, and then spend the rest of their time playing and interacting with one another, working closely with our trainers and relaxing in a safe and stimulating environment we have created just for them. All of our animals are given regular checkups and their diets are closely monitored to ensure they stay healthy and happy. To learn more about how we care for our dolphins and sea lions, please take a look at our Corporate Responsibility page.
Please take a look at the Humane Conservation program in which Dolphin Adventure is certified, to learn more about how we care for our dolphins and sea lions.
What's included in this tour
- A once in a lifetime experience! Our 60-minute Dolphin Extreme Program.
- Life jacket
- Use of lockers
- Wetsuit (in winter months)
What do you need to know before you book
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all our guests.
- Ages 8 and up with strong swimming abilities
- Each child under 12 must be accompanied by a paying adult (16 older)
- A Parent or guardian signature will be required for participants under the age of 18
- Cameras are only allowed in the observation area
- No jewelry or sunscreen allowed
- Life jackets are available upon request
- Each dolphin program is unique and based upon our groups, specialists and dolphins
- All of our programs are designed with our dolphins wellbeing in mind
- Expecting mothers are restricted
- Please be aware that you must be at the check-in point 30 minutes prior to the program starts.
What to bring
- Money for souvenirs & photos
- Sun protective clothing