Hidden Beach Island Discovery
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
Min 12 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Playa Del Amor, commonly referred to as the Hidden Beach of Puerto Vallarta, is located in the Marietas Islands 22 miles west off the shore of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The beach features beautiful blue waters, all encased within an island cavern that only opens up to the sky above and the pacific ocean.
Searching for a Breathtaking, Secret Beach?
Mexico has many to offer. You just have to know where to look. Thankfully, our team at Vallarta Adventures is here to help. On our Marieta Islands Hidden Beach tour by the Pacific Ocean, we take you to one of the most beautiful, ecologically-diverse island paradises in all of Mexico. Take a walk on the iconic Lover’s Beach, snorkel and explore the waters, and glimpse humpback whales from our whale watching boats. To help protect this beautiful, natural area, our team here at Vallarta Adventures proudly donates a portion of each tour’s proceeds toward the protection and the study of the Marietas National Park. Read on to learn more about this unforgettable tour, and book with us now!
Discover Intimate, Hidden Beaches
On the Marieta Islands, secluded beach escapes are everywhere. Our tour is specifically tailored to help you find them all. Take advantage of our small group format as you enjoy a comfortable boat ride to the islands. Swim through cave formations and rock archways—some possibly created by military testing—admiring the extraordinary terrain and more than 100 species of unique birds and fish that call these islands home. Enjoy walks on the island’s world-famous hidden beach with friends and family as you soak in the sunshine.
Snorkel and Explore The Marieta Islands
These islands are full of ecologically diverse sanctuaries with a world-renowned beach nestled just out of sight. On our tour, you’ll get a chance to take a walk on Playa del Amor, commonly known as “Lover’s Beach,” and enjoy its remarkable secluded beauty.
Exclusive access to the hidden beach isn’t all this tour has to offer. We’ll cruise around the islands on an eco-tour as we point out the unique wildlife and numerous species of birds. Enjoy an informative boat ride with our expert guide, and you may even witness a show from the nearby schools of dolphins as they leap out of the water throughout your journey.
See the Pacific Ocean Humpback Whales (During winter)
On your return voyage from this one-of-a-kind tour, discover the spectacular world of Pacific Ocean whale watching! Watch for the enchanting humpback whales as they soar out of the water or engage in fin flapping or lobtailing. There’s absolutely nothing that compares to the thrill of seeing these fascinating animals in the wild.
The humpback whales’ annual migration from the cold waters of Alaska brings them down to the Bay of Banderas in the winter where they procreate and raise their young in our warm, sheltered waters. Get up-close to see these beautiful creatures from the sea level perspective of our small boat tour in an incredible and unforgettable experience.
Protect the Marietas National Park
As one of the few tour companies allowed to give tours of the Marieta Islands, we feel a strong responsibility to protect them—and you can help by joining us! A portion of the proceeds from each tour goes toward the protection and the study of Marietas National Park.
We want to ensure that these islands remain a refuge for marine and wildlife for years to come, not only for your children but also for your children’s children. If you are looking for a way to enjoy these islands and give back in the process, this tour is the perfect choice for you. To experience the greatest little-known hidden beach in Mexico, book with us today!
What's included in this tour
- Life Jacket
What do you need to know before you book
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all our guests.
- Please be aware that you must be at the check-in point 30 minutes prior to departure. Boarding will be closed 10 minutes prior to departure time.
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Life Jackets Mandatory
- Access to the hidden beach is not guaranteed and is dependent upon sea conditions
- Actual time in the Hidden Beach is 15 to 20 minutes, due to federal regulations.
- Use of sunscreen is prohibited in the Hidden Beach
- Participants must be fit and able to swim 75m (200ft) from boat to beach. (Distance may vary based on sea conditions)
- Very limited availability
- People who suffer from heart disease, back or spine problems cannot participate in this activity
- Expectant mothers are restricted from this tour
- Due to federal regulations, and in an effort to protect the flight path of endemic birds, drones are prohibited in this tour. We appreciate your attention to this important policy.
- An additional $100-peso conservation fee ($50-peso CONAMP + $50-peso Bahia Unida) per person will be collected at check-in.
Please be advised that Mexico's Federal Maritime Ports operate a strict No-Drug Policy, including electronic cigarettes, vapers, and all kinds of drugs. Please be advised not to bring them to any of our tours. We cannot offer a refund or change of day for any guest to who Federal Security has denied access.
What to bring
- Light Sweater
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Extra cash for dock fees, photos and souvenirs