Learn to Dive at Las Caletas
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
Min 10 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Have you always wanted to learn to dive and go scuba diving somewhere amazing? The underwater world is a magical place and, while snorkeling is fun, the only way to totally immerse yourself in the ocean environment is to learn to dive.
At Las Caletas, diving enthusiasts ages 10 and up can spend an amazing day with us learning the ins and outs of diving in this specialized course that emphasizes the fun of scuba diving.
You’ve waited long enough! It’s time to take the plunge with our experienced, PADI certified instructors!
Learn how to dive in Puerto Vallarta
When you begin diving in Puerto Vallarta, your introduction to diving begins with a beginner lesson so you can get used to breathing underwater. A PADI professional instructor will be your guide as you learn how to use the scuba equipment we provide, move while wearing it, breathe with your gear, and do it all safely.
You’ll learn the basic skills and safety regulations that will let you dive comfortably now, and more easily continue your scuba instruction should you decide to explore PADI certification.
When You’re New to Scuba
Diving with us is the perfect introduction to scuba. This dive has been designed specifically for novice divers, with dive sites hand-picked just for you. To ensure the safety of our guests, all dives are supervised by a dive instructor for each group of four divers.
We also use the buddy system during our scuba dives and at each dive site so you’ll never be alone under the water. There will always be someone there to help you if you have any issues.
Why Las Caletas Is an Amazing Place to Dive
As your introduction to the scuba basics begins, we will head out to our exclusive tropical beach hideaway. The area is a protected cove that is home to colorful tropical fish, sea turtles, rays, and other diverse sea life. There’s a lot to explore, but you don’t have to go deep—so non-certified divers can enjoy everything the ocean has to offer. It’s a truly wonderful place to learn to dive!
The other reason we have our guests learn to dive here is because there are opportunities for non-divers to enjoy a beautiful day of snorkeling, lounging on the beach, kayaking, and guided strolls plus access to activities like cooking classes, mezcal tasting, and our Kids’ Adventure Park and Teen Adventure Cove! That way, the entire family can enjoy everything we have to offer while those who wish can enjoy diving in the cove.
Click here to see all the activities available for you and your group at Las Caletas!
Do You Want to Get Certified?
When you learn to dive with us, it’s easy to transition into a certification program that will help you earn the credentials you need to dive in deeper waters and in more exciting locations. Many people who visit Puerto Vallarta use the trip as an opportunity to complete dive certification courses while also enjoying amazing dives.
What's included in this tour
- PADI certified Dive Instructor
- Diving equipment
- Wetsuit (in Winter)
What do you need to know before you book
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all our guests.
- Please be aware that you must be at the check-in point 30 minutes prior to departure. Boarding will be closed 10 minutes prior to departure time.
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Based on PADI’s flying after diving recommendations, beginner divers shouldn’t fly within 12 hours after a dive.
- Guests with respiratory, cardiovascular, or ear problems are restricted.
- Good mental and physical conditions are required.
- Guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not allowed.
- Expecting mothers are restricted.
- A port fee of MXP$ 28 must be paid in cash before boarding your boat.
Please be advised that Mexico's Federal Maritime Ports operate a strict No-Drug Policy, including electronic cigarettes, vapers, and all kinds of drugs. Please be advised not to bring them to any of our tours. We cannot offer a refund or change of day for any guest to who Federal Security has denied access.
What to bring
- Biodegradable Sunscreen
- Money for optional activities at Las Caletas
- Non-certified divers can participate in 1-tank dives with a maximum depth of 40 ft. after completing a Vallarta Adventures Discover Scuba pool lesson before the day of their dive
- Certified divers are automatically allowed to participate in 2-tank dives up to a maximum depth of 60 ft
- Advanced divers can participate in 2-tank dives up to a maximum depth of 120 ft
- All dives are supervised by a dive instructor per each group of 4. We use the buddy system for our dives so you’ll never be alone