Sea Lion Encounter
From $99 USD/Person
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
Min 5 years old
Best Price Guarantee
What could be more fun than spending time with a sea lion? Our intelligent and playful family of sea lions is waiting to meet you and help you learn all about what makes sea lions so special.
You’ll be able to get up close and personal with your new flippered friend in our specially-designed shallow water pool in a 20-minute small group. The swimming with sea lions encounter is an experience you will never forget!
Education and Fun in One Package
Our hands-on sea lion swimming adventure is for guests ages 5 and up and is one of a kind! In addition to being one of the few opportunities to go nose-to-whisker with these energetic and mischievous creatures, swimming with sea lions is also highly educational. Our Marine Mammal Specialist will give you a short poolside lesson all about the sea lions’ unique physiology, feeding habits, and behaviors before you slip into the crystal clear water to meet the group of sea lions.
Did you know that Pacific sea lions are fin-footed marine mammals? Or that they are members of the “eared seal” family, which means they have external ear flaps that set them apart from other seals? You’ll learn more about these and so many other sea lion facts during your encounter!
- Life Jackets
Know before you book
- Minimum age: 5 years old
- Children 5-11 years old: Must be accompanied by a paying adult (16 or older)
- Child prices applies to children ages 5 to 11
- Cameras are only allowed in the guest observation area
- No jewelry or sunscreen allowed
- Each sea lion program is unique and based upon our groups, specialists and sea lions
- All of our programs are designed with our sea lions’ wellbeing in mind
- Expecting mothers are restricted
What to bring
- Biodegradable sunblock
- Money for souvenirs & photos