Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
6 and a Half Hours
Min 10 years old
Best Price Guarantee
If you’re looking for a tour with a mix of outdoor exploration and authentic Mexican culture, you won’t want to miss out on this Sea Safari!
Your day begins at Vallarta Adventures’ departure points in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta where we will hop aboard a speedboat that will take us to a village called Yelapa.
On arrival, to the coastal town of Yelapa, our caballerangos will be ready to saddle you up for a horseback or mule ride along the picturesque Yelapa river to admire the natural surrounding area.
At the end of your time in Yelapa, you’ll have the opportunity to relax on the beach or just to chill at one of its beach restaurants, with a beer or a tropical drink on hand, while you enjoy the views of the fishing boats floating on Yelapa's warm waters.
Upon returning to the boat, we’ll then make our way to Pizota, another small village with a small beach that’s only accessible by boat.
In this private oasis, you’ll get to enjoy a delicious lunch, relax on the beach, as well as go snorkeling or kayaking. Once you’ve had your fill of relaxation and adventure, it's time to head home with another scenic boat ride back to where we started.
First, an Exclusive Boat Tour through Banderas Bay
Start your day with Vallarta Adventures with our Sea Safari Tour boat ride. But it’s not just any boat. Climb aboard for a thrilling speedboat ride over the brilliant waters of Banderas Bay, where a brand new view of the fantastic lush coastline will reveal itself to you. As exciting as this ride is, it culminates in a relaxing visit to Yelapa, one of the many villages in the south part of the bay.
Accessible only by boat, Yelapa is a lively fishing town, located in the Sierra Madre foothills, south of Puerto Vallarta.
Mule & Horseback Riding Tour in Yelapa
Upon your arrival to Yelapa, your adventure begins on one of our horses or mules. You'll be saddled up and take a gentle mile-long ride along narrow, twisting paths along the beautiful Yelapa River. As you enjoy your ride, you may see pelicans and herons, and if you’re lucky you might spot iguanas, parrots, coatimundi, or an ocelot slinking by!
Safari Snorkeling (and Kayaking, Too)
The relaxation continues as you mosey back to the seashore for a snorkeling session in a secluded cove full of rock reefs and teeming with colorful sea life. Your Sea Safari tour includes all the equipment you’ll need to explore the world under the waves. For snorkeling novices, our guides have been trained to show you everything you need to know to feel comfortable in the water.
Although the clarity of the water and the abundance of marine life varies throughout the year due to water temperature, tides, and currents; most of the time, this spot offers a good underwater experience thanks to its secluded location, protected from the hustle and bustle of city life.
But if snorkeling isn’t how you want to enjoy Banderas Bay, we’ll have kayaks ready at Pizota for anyone who prefers to paddle. And of course, we always bring life vests because safety is one of our top priorities.
And Finally, Lunch at Pizota
After you’ve gotten acquainted with the amazing sea life of the fishing village shoreline, you’ll retire to a quiet, private beach paradise in Pizota. This village is even quieter, with a mere 100 residents.
You’ll have the opportunity to slowly savor a freshly-prepared lunch and an open bar right there on an untouched soft sand beach, under swaying palms, in the bright Mexican sunshine, before heading home on another thrilling boat ride with sweeping vistas and refreshing sea breezes.
What's included in this tour
- Safety equipment
- Snorkeling and kayaking equipment
- Purified water
- Open bar
What do you need to know before you book
- Please be aware that you must be at the check-in point 30 minutes prior to departure. Boarding will be closed 10 minutes prior to departure time.
- Minimum age:10 years old
- Maximum weight: 260 lbs (118 kg)
- People with limited mobility, heart, back, or neck problems, as well as expectant mothers are restricted from this activity.
- Child prices apply to children ages 10 to 11. Children 12 and older are considered an adult.
- During or following heavy rains, swimming under the waterfall may be deemed unsafe.
- Please be advised that Mexico's Federal Maritime Ports operate a strict No-Drug Policy, including electronic cigarettes, vapers, and all kinds of drugs. Please be advised not to bring them to any of our tours. We cannot offer a refund or change of day for any guest to who Federal Security has denied access.
- Due to Federal Regulations, and in an effort to protect the flight path of endemic birds, drones are not allowed on this tour.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Extra cash for dock fees, photos and souvenirs
- Biodegradable sunscreen